Kooringal High School

Respect Responsibility Excellence

Telephone02 6922 5155



Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.

For more information, visit sTpe school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

How to enrol - Year 6 into Year 7

In NSW government schools, applying to move from primary school to high school is a 2-step process that starts with an Expression of Interest. Visit the moving to high school page to learn more about the process.

  • If you have received an offer from our school for placement into Year 7 next year, the next step is to visit online enrolment to proceed with the offer and complete the enrolment application.
  • If you did not submit an expression of interest or are not eligible, visit online enrolment to start a new application to our school.
  • If you submitted your expression of interest using a paper form, or would prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form.

Moving to high school

Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Kooringal High School provides secondary education for students in Wagga Wagga and specifically from the suburbs that are zoned to the school.

There are three enrolment types at the school:

  1. Community Students: Students who live in the Kooringal High School zone who are entitled to a place in the school or who have gained entry via Out of Zone Application.
  2. Selective Students: Students who have sat and passed the State Selective Schools Placement Test for entry into Year 7 or who have satisfied the criteria for placement in a selective class (limited to 30 in each year) in Years 8-12. 
  3. Enrolments in the Special Education Classes: Kooringal High School has one   I.O. class for the education of students with disabilities and special education needs and two Multi-categorical class which supports students with up to three disabilities.  Both classes are a district resource and entry is determined by a District Placement Panel. Contact the Wagga Wagga Office of the Department of Education and Training, Level 2, 76 Morgan Street.


Students who live in the Kooringal High School zone are entitled to a place at the school.


Non-local enrolments

As outlined in the department’s enrolment policy, our school may accept enrolments from outside our local enrolment area if places are available.

Students who do not live in the local enrolment area are entitled to apply for an out of zone place.  These places are limited in each year and therefore there is no guarantee of a place.  

A school committee makes decisions on out of zone applications based on meeting the out of zone criteria.

Non-Local Enrolment Application


Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email document.authentication@det.nsw.edu.au to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.